Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and if you are still looking for date ideas than we are here to help you out. Whether you have been dating your sweetie for years or a few weeks, here are 41 things to do in Michigan for Valentine’s Day this year.
- Go ice skating at The Rink at campus Martius Park.
- Warm up with some hot chocolate or coffee after skating at Urban Bean Co.
- Stay at the MGM Grand Detroit and treat yourself to one of their spa packages and enjoy their nightly entertainment.
- Get trapped in a room and try to escape with your date at The Great Escape Room in Royal Oak.
- Treat yourself to a spa day at the Beach House Day Spa in downtown Birmingham.
- Visit the highly popular Texas de Brazil restaurant for an all-you-can-eat meat and salad bar.
- Eat, drink and play games at Dave & Buster’s at either the Livonia or Utica location.
- See a show at one of the popular theaters such as Fox Theater, Detroit Opera House, or the Masonic Temple.
- Check out Hiplet, a cultural – yet classical, ballet performance that is perfect for both familiar and unfamliar audiences, at The Whiting in Flint.
- Take a special Valentine’s Day cooking class at Le Chat Gourmet.
- Drink wine and paint a picture at Painting with a Twist in Lansing.
- Try our your retro gaming skills while enjoying drinks at The Grid in Old Town.
- Plan a romantic overnight stay at the English Inn in Eaton Rapids and spruce up your stay with one of their getaway packages.
- Go bowling at a Spare Time in Lansing for a fun night of games, pizza, drinks and hit up the arcade or laser tag after.
- Test your luck with your date at Soaring Eagle Casino in Mount Pleasant.
- Bundle up and go cross country skiing at Burchfield Park in Holt or one of the many other tracks in mid-Michigan.
- Make reservations at Jake’s Old City Grill in Saginaw for a romantic dining experience.
- Plan a day at Midland City Forest and go sledding, cross country skiing, ice skating, tobongonning and more.
- Treat both of you to a spa day at Zoe Life Spa Salon in Lansing.
- Plan a wine tour through Traverse City’s Old Mission Peninsula and many other popular Northern wineries.
- Stay at The Homestead Resort overlooking Lake Michigan in Glen Arbor for a romantic weekend getaway.
- Bundle up and go cross country skiing or snowshoeing through Sleeping Bear Dunes trails.
- Visit the Winter Carnival at Michigan Tech to see beautiful ice sculptures, play snow volleyball, drink hot chocolate and more.
- Experience a romantic, fine dining experience at the elegant Victorian restaurant Grey Gables Inn in Charlevoix.
- Taste wine and drink food through the Leelanau Peninsula during their Taste the Passion wine trail event February 8th and 9th.
- Stay on Mackinac Island during its quieter time of year for a romantic weekend getaway.
- Plan a day of skiing on the slopes and then warming up in a local ski resort such as Shanty Creek.
- Snowshoe while drinking wine! Black Star Farms in Traverse City offers this unique activity for visitors throughout winter.
- Go hiking and experience Pictured Rocks in the winter season. Don’t forget the hot chocolate to stay warm!
- Gear up for a day of snowmobiling through popular trails all over Northern Michigan.
- Get a couple’s massage at the JW Marriott Spa.
- Partake in free ice skating, live music and more activities that are part of the World of Winter event in downtown Grand Rapids.
- Recreate your first coffee date at one of Grand Rapids’ coffee houses.
- Participate in one of Grand Rapids beer tours if you would rather drink beer than wine on Valentine’s Day.
- Snowshoe through Blandford Nature Center with your sweetie and enjoy a glass of wine at the fire after.
- Stay the weekend at the Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck for a quiet, romantic getaway.
- Go wine tasting through many of Grand Haven’s wine tasting rooms and breweries.
- Make reservations at Butch’s Dry Dock in Holland for a fine dining experience.
- See the Grand Rapids Griffins play at Van Andel Arena.