We’re always looking for new perspectives to help get the word out about all the amazing things to see and do in the state of Michigan. That’s why we allow guest contributors to write for us here at Around Michigan. If you’ve got an idea for an article, please have a look at our guidelines before submitting.
We look at contributions as a partnership between our contributors and our site. In exchange for high quality content you’ll receive visibility and a valuable backlink to your site. We’re not dummies, however, so please don’t send us worthless, blatantly promotional content. We’ll immediately toss it in the trash can!
Our site receives more than 5,000 visitors per month as of April 2023 and it continues to grow. Who are we targeting with our content?
- Out of state travelers. People researching their first visit to Michigan and looking for recommendations on things to do.
- In state travelers. It’s a big state, and for those looking for a new summer getaway spot “up north” – we’re trying to cater to these people as well with information on the best things to do and places to see.
- The Michigan-curious. Locals or otherwise, people who are seeking interesting news or information on all things Michigan. This can be about virtually anything – state history, our sports teams, universities, unique businesses – as long as it shines a positive light on our state.
Listicles: Articles that show an extensive list of tips or takeaways that our audience can follow and use to act on. Example: 10 must-see places in the Upper Peninsula
Topic-focused: Articles that discuss a specific topic comprehensively. Example: How Michigan became the automotive center of the United States
- Article should be at least 1000 to 1500 words in length.
- Add image / media to brighten up the post – be sure to have the rights to the image, we will not post images that do not have explicit permissions for use.
- You can cite your own research, but do not link directly to product/ service pages in the main copy of the article.
- Include an author bio – here, and only here can you add ONE promotional link for you, your business, or your website.
- We would also appreciate it if you help to promote the post to your own social media channels and to your network.
If we accept your article for publication there will be a $75 fee that can be paid via PayPal. Those details will be communicated via email after you’ve submitted your draft.
Want to get published on the Around Michigan blog? Submit your guest post request in the form below.
NOTE: For your safety and ours, our form only accepts PDF files. Please submit your article as a PDF and we’ll take it from there!